9 Things to know about Topical Fluoride Treatment
At Mayfair Family Dentistry, our dental staff completely focuses on giving the patients the utmost quality of care, and we are always searching for even more successful ways of keeping your smiles healthy and free of decay. Fluoride treatments have time and again proved to be extremely advantageous in protecting smiles of people of all ages. Mayfair Family Dentistry offers several different services, including topical fluoride treatments. Following are nine things that you must know about topical fluoride treatments.
- Fluoride Is A Natural Mineral: Fluoride is physically found within our nature in rocks, soil, and most of our water bodies. While most communities on our planet are blessed with fluoride in their water, others, unfortunately, are not.
- Professional Fluoride Treatments Are Worth The Cost: To spend money on a fluoride treatment is equivalent to investing your money for a better smile and a reduced risk of tooth decay as well as cavities. This, in turn, reduces the time and money that you would have spent on future procedures.
- Fluoride Fights Cavities By Strengthening Enamel: Demineralization is the process in which acids weaken the enamel. Fluoride catalyses this mineralization process and protects your teeth.
- Fluoride Treatments Are Not Just For Kids: Anyone who suffers from a high risk of dental cavities could definitely benefit from fluoride treatments.
- Professional Fluoride Treatments Can Reverse Small Cavities: Early cavities can be stopped in their tracks with the help of professional fluoride treatments.
- Professional Fluoride Treatments Are Safe: Mayfair Family Dentistry offers prescription strength fluoride treatments that are safe for children and adults to use.
- Professional Fluoride Treatments Do Not Stain Teeth: Fluorosis happens when there is an excess amount of fluoride and this leads to stains on your teeth that only occurs prior to the teeth forming.
- PROFESSIONAL FLUORIDE TREATMENTS DO NOT HURT: The treatments provided at our clinic are pain-free and only take up to two minutes.
- You Can Eat And Drink After A Fluoride Varnish Treatment:Fluoride varnishes stick to the tooth for quite a few hours, however, you can eat and drink immediately after the treatment.